Designing With Marble: Six Design Tips to Highlight Your Marble Countertops
Let’s take a peek at the pros and cons of installing a marble stone as the countertop—Pros:
- Since it is a natural stone, it is abundantly available and you can choose from many colours, distinctive veins and patterns.
- This timeless beauty is both durable and heat-resistant, which makes it the best stone for the kitchen area.
- Easy to install.
- There’s something for everyone: The premium imported marble stone costs start from Rs. 350 per square foot and can cost as much as Rs. 5700 per square foot.
- It is a high-maintenance stone and requires the utmost attention and care.
Marble Countertops Design Tips:
- Focus on lighting within your kitchen space: You can install backlighting on the kitchen cabinets in your kitchen to make the space appear extravagantly luxurious. Backlighting the cabinets will make the cabinets, as well as the marble countertop, come to the fore.
- Get artistic with marble edges: You can choose from a variety of edge designs like square, eased, bevel, bullnose, demi-bullnose, DuPont, vintage ogee, etc. This will make your kitchen countertop stand out.
- Contrasting Kitchen Cabinets: You can effortlessly make your countertop the highlight in your kitchen by adding cabinets that go well with the countertop colour. You can add coloured wooden cabinets with white marble countertops or pair your black marble countertops with brown wooden cabinets, giving the space a chic and elegant appearance.
- Install a Marble Backsplash: A marble countertop paired with a marble backsplash can flawlessly create an intricate yet awe-inspiring focal point in the kitchen space.
- Bring in the Marble Flooring: You can add to the subtle, minimal yet aesthetically pleasing appearance of your kitchen by installing marble flooring that goes well with the countertop. Marble flooring is an apt way to amp up the luxury and elegance of your opulent residence.
- Explore designs and dimensions: Pick out a marble countertop design that is spacious enough for new kitchen appliances and can be paired with the kitchen sink and the appearance of your stove in case you are planning to renovate your space. You can also add different marble statement pieces in the kitchen space, such as a waterfall countertop, marble sink, cabinet covers, etc.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours