GraniteGranite countertops are the most distinctive selection for a homeowner or interior designer, as this natural stone exudes elegance like no other. Its durability and awe-inspiring aesthetic appearance can effortlessly glam up your luxury space and amp up the elegance of your residence. Being a natural stone, granite is quarried from the deposits of igneous stones from all around the globe. It begins as molten magma, which flows into other rock structures and gradually cools down.
- Appearance: Each granite stone has a distinctive pattern due to its natural origin, making each stone have an unparalleled appearance. The granite stone is available in a wide range of colours, plus the surface can be polished or honed, making it an artistic stone of choice. The presence of granite stone can greatly impact your kitchen space’s aesthetics.
- Strength and Durability: The granite stone has remarkable strength and durability and has the properties of being scratch and heat resistant, making it the best stone for a kitchen countertop. It becomes stain-resistant after being sealed.
- Maintenance: It requires very little maintenance if sealed properly. All you need is a granite-friendly cleaner to keep the surface clean. You may need a new sealant every 1 to 5 years.
- Application: You must leave the installation part to the professionals. A DIY experiment in the installation process may cause you to damage the stone.
- Cost: The granite stone price ranges from Rs. 700 to Rs. 7000/-per square foot.
MarbleIf you are looking forward to designing a tasteful yet sophisticated kitchen space that flawlessly amps up the luxury quotient of your premises, inclining towards purchasing marble countertops would be the best choice you make. It is a metamorphic rock that contains high concentrations of calcite. This stone is known for its timeless beauty and durability.
- Appearance: It's difficult to compete with the classic elegance of profoundly veined marble countertops! Marble differs significantly in grain size and veining, giving each piece a distinct appearance. Colour consistency is better in fine-grained marble. Colour variation is greater in heavier grains.
- Strength and Durability: Marble is both durable and heat resistant, but when it comes to marble countertops, chips, cracks, stains, and scratches are not uncommon in busy areas.
- Maintenance: Because marble is a high-maintenance stone, follow the care instructions for regular care, cleaning, and sealing. Like some other porous stone countertops, Marble needs regular sealing to keep its appearance for a long time.
- Application: DIY marble installation is advised for only those with an excellent experience.
- Cost: The marble stone price ranges from Rs. 350 to Rs. 5700/-per square foot.